What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Jaguar I-PACE EV400 S
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
1 – 2 years
What is the mileage on your EV?
5,000 – 10,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
Performance, handling, looks and wanted a crossover rather than SUV.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car?
- Dynamic mode is astonishingly quick
- Still looks great even though the design is a few years old now
- Very comfortable and practical
- Puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it. The power delivery is like a V8 muscle car without the sound!
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car?
- Honestly can’t think of anything. Physiologically, whilst it’s been 100% reliable I feel that the 12v battery will let me down at some point like it has so many others but as it hasn’t so far that seems a harsh criticism!
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
If you’re more interested in actual driving, the base spec is all the car you need and surprisingly good value.
What car are you interested in next and why?
Mustang GT – like the looks and interested to see what they do with a higher performance model.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Pod Point (tethered) – would recommend. Been 100% reliable.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Was with Igloo who recently went bust, so now been moved to EDF on a variable rate so no, I wouldn’t recommend either of those!
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Instavolt, Pod Point and I did use IONITY before the crazy price hike. All were reliable, Instavolt the simplest.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Churchill – never had to claim so can’t say if I’d recommend but the price was good.