What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line Rapid Charge
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
0 – 1 year
What is the mileage on your EV?
1,000 – 5,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my 2nd
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
Easy availability from ONTO – All-Inclusive Electric Car Subscriptions | Onto
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car?
- It’s a really neat little package – there’s loads of space, despite it being quite compact
- It’s no sportscar but it has sprightly performance and handles really well
- Apple CarPlay is a huge plus.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car?
- The silly charging flap. You have to open it from inside, then are three things to move out of the way before you can plug in on CCS…
- When charging in warm weather, the cooling fan is crazily LOUD!
- The scheduled charging and pre-heat setup is overly complicated (and delayed charging can’t be configured from the app)
- There’s no option to limit the maximum charge to less than 100%.
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
The auto-unlock feature works very well. Just walk up to the car and it opens the locks for you. It locks again as you walk away.
What car are you interested in next and why?
Tesla Model 3 LR or VW iD.3. I couldn’t fault my Tesla. It just did everything so well. However, I’d prefer a smaller car, so the iD.3 may be my next option (if Tesla don’t announce a smaller car!).
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Zaptec Go – I think it’s brilliant but then again I do work for them 😉
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Octopus Go – the best tariff for EV drivers and their customer service is excellent.
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Instavolt seem to have the best chargers (though I haven’t used Osprey or Gridserve yet). I try to avoid Ecotricity and BP Pulse because their chargers are so unreliable.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
It’s included in the ONTO subscription.