What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Renault Zoe R110
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
What is the mileage on your EV?
1,000 – 5,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
Range and affordability.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car?
- Up to 240m range
- Excellent handling and ‘torque’
- Quiet and peaceful to drive
- Feels good not using petrol/diesel
- LOVE the green flash number plate!
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car?
- The public charging ‘system’ is fragmented, chaotic and confusing
- The charging operators’ requirement to set up an app with bank details and sometimes commitment to monthly DD payments is intrusive
- Every charging operator has different rules/instructions
- Many public units are out of order for days at least
- North Yorkshire is a charger ‘desert’ and this limits me to only driving to local areas, where I can do a return journey within the range.
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
I can hear wildlife crashing through the long grass as they jump into the hedgerows!
What EV are you interested in next and why?
Would love a T5 campervan!
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
BPPulse. Came as the partner to Renault. No real choice if you want a home charger for free. Had an 8-week battle to get the 1st step (acknowledgment and date for installation). These individual operators run a mishmash of public charging but enjoy virtual monopolies on home charging due to the ‘partnerships’ they have with carmakers. Looked at going with Pod Point (who were helpful), but wouldn’t have got the full install free.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Octopus 100% renewable. Waiting for a smart meter so we can have Octopus Go (5p per kWh from 12.30am to 4.30am, then 14.99p kWh for the rest of the 24hrs. Good customer care.
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Only managed to use one, so far (BP Pulse, for which I have an ID card and am signed up). Used it twice successfully. Third time it was out of order and reporting it took 2 calls (10m, then 7m in a queue). I only persisted, because I knew a nice man in a red Nissan relied on it almost daily!
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
LV – only recommend them if you are old! My son aged 28 was quoted an eye-watering premium with full NCD. My insurance is extremely competitive.