What name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Vauxhall Mokka-e SRi Premium
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
What is your estimated annual mileage?
What is the mileage on your EV?
0 – 500 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
Already owned the original Mokka and had no issues with it. Decided to stay with the make and model I knew so a natural progression was to go all-electric due to the type of driving my wife and I do. Had a previously very good experience and service provided by Vauxhall showroom so went back and discussed the pros and cons of owning an electric vehicle. The deal on offer was very good. Free home charger unit installed by British Gas (who we are with) and 30,000 miles of free electricity.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car.
- Really enjoy driving an automatic, it’s the first one I’ve owned
- Nothing like the original Mokka, shape and performance is a vast improvement
- The SRi Premium model looks sporty and I’m loving the white and black with red accents
- No more worries about petrol shortages
- I’ve found driving an electric vehicle so much more enjoyable than my previous petrol version.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car.
- I do have range anxiety, I’m told this eases as you get used to driving and charging an electric vehicle
- Only had the car for two weeks so at this time apart from the above, nothing comes to mind.
Have you experienced any faults with the car? If so, what have they been?
No. Early days admittedly but nothing to report at the moment.
What are the standout tech features of the car?
- Front and rear parking distance sensors with a panoramic rear view camera
- Active Driver Assist plus with adaptive cruise control, driver drowsiness alert etc.
- Keyless entry and start
- Heated steering wheel and front seats
- 10-inch colour touchscreen multimedia system with a 12-inch digital instrument cluster
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Electrically foldable/adjustable heated door mirrors.
Surprise us! Tell us something people wouldn’t readily know about this car.
It’s a Mokka! People will be very surprised by the look of the new Mokka. It may be the same name but a vastly different vehicle and driving experience.
Rate your EV out of 5.
What car are you interested in next and why?
In three years’ time when I plan to change the car, I will be looking for an electric vehicle with more mileage per charge. I’m sure by 2025 car battery technology will be vastly improved.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
It was installed as part of the deal when buying the vehicle. British Gas installed an Eve Single by ALFEN.
Rate your home charging unit out of 5.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
British Gas for both electric and gas. Currently on a single set tariff but will be changing to British Gas EV Tariff which gives you cheaper electricity between the hours of 12.00 and 05.00 hours. Up to individual circumstances if people decide to change to such a tariff as the daily rate is slightly more expensive.
Rate your electricity supplier out of 5.
What public charging networks would you recommend to others and why?
Haven’t had to use any to date. Wanted an EV home charger installed before collecting the new vehicle.
List your top 3 favourite public charging networks (in order of preference).
Unable to at this time.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Vauxhall. New Vauxhall vehicle so went with them initially. Unless I receive a reasonable quote next year I will look to change. Nothing against Vauxhall Insurance, just a matter of reducing costs where I can.
Rate your insurance provider out of 5.
Estimate how much money you save per month owning and running an EV compared to a petrol/diesel car.