What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Nissan LEAF Tekna
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
5 – 6 years
What is the mileage on your EV?
100,000 miles plus
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car.
- All round cheap
- Can time the heater to come on
- Set time for charging in Economy 7 period
- can turn on heating from app
- can view miles left from app
- can go in the congestion zone
- easy and cheap to park in London
- roomy inside
- big boot
- music system.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car.
- Depleting range – but you know this when you buy one
- Having so many apps for chargers. Getting better with contactless but paying by contactless is more expensive!
- The big negative isn’t the car but the infrastructure for charging. 5 years ago, there may have been less chargers about but I could always find a working one and at a cheap price. 5 years later, there are more charging points but more EVs on the road. I have more problems now, not necessarily in finding a charger but in finding one that works, one that hasn’t had the CHAdeMO decommissioned or changed to non-CHAdeMO and the costs of charging. Given my limited range now, the charging infrastructure is paramount yet its letting me down constantly.
Have you experienced any faults with the vehicle? If so, what have they been?
What are the standout tech features of the car?
Surprise us! Tell us something people wouldn’t readily know about this car?
Nothing different to what I’ve already said.
Rate your EV out of 5.
What car are you interested in next and why?
Gonna keep this car till the very end. I don’t do the mileage I used to. As long as this car serves its purpose, there is no reason to get rid of it.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Chargemaster – after 5 years it’s never let me down!
Rate your home charging unit out of 5.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Economy 7 – I can charge my car in the economy seven period, along with my dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer for £1.
Rate your electricity supplier out of 5.
List your top three favourite public charging networks (in order of preference).
- FREE ones
- Source London.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Sheilas’ Wheels – they’ve always beaten the opposition.
Rate your insurance provider out of 5.
Estimate how much money you save per month owning and running an EV compared to a petrol/diesel car?