What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Kia Soul 27kWh
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
1 – 2 years
What is the mileage on your EV?
30,000 – 40,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
My wife liked it, primarily cost-based.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car.
- Drive train is so much fun – quick, responsive and effortless, yet surprisingly relaxing
- Cost of motoring – extremely cheap to run and keep on the road
- Car is a good trade-off between practicality and size.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car.
- Range – especially in winter is prohibitive of use for anything other than a second car
- Boot space is a little too small
- General lack of refinement – too many rattles and although well spaced, the execution of features feels a little cheap.
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
The infotainment system is great and updates gave us Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
What car are you interested in next and why?
Lexus NX 450h or back to an RX 450h.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Generic home charger.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Mine went bust, now with British Gas 🙁
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
ENGIE – works a charm.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
It is the wife’s car, so no idea.