What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
BMW iX3 Premier Pro
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
What is the mileage on your EV?
1,000 – 5,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
Having driven numerous BMW diesel estate cars, I wanted something familiar, comfortable and practical as a business and family car. I wanted to move to electric power for environmental reasons, to adopt the future of motoring and to take advantage of current tax benefits. When ordered in May 2021 there were not so many options that fitted my requirements.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car.
- Conventional styling, not so ‘concept car’ as some EVs can be
- Technology: BMW have specified the Premier edition with a lot of driver assistance and comfort features
- Drive: the car has a great balance of performance, comfort and handling. As an SUV (RWD only) the car rides very well being very relaxing and comfortable on longer drives. The performance is great, not a rocket ship, but plenty of go for making good progress when needed without sacrificing range too much.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car.
- Brakes can be a little clunky at low speed manoeuvres
- Not managed to charge at close to the 150kW claimed rate so far
- Under the bonnet could have been used for chargers cable storage.
Rate your EV out of 5.
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
It’s such an easy transition from an ICE car but actually better! Just got to accept driving more than 200 miles in a day needs a little bit of planning.
What car are you interested in next and why?
Peugeot e-2008 to replace our petrol 2008.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
bp pulse tethered – would have chosen untethered if I did it again, then the cars cable could live in the car.
Rate your home charging unit out of 5.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
E.ON Next – getting expensive now! But aren’t they all!! Haven’t changed as I was waiting to see what home charging use would be like.
Rate your electricity supplier out of 5.
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
BMW Charging Network, bp pulse & IONITY. I tend to find 50kW charging is about that, 45-50kW. The faster 150kW chargers, I have only seen 75kW at best. Still not too bad, charging close to 200 miles in an hour.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Rate your insurance provider out of 5.