What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
MG ZS EV Exclusive 44.5kWh
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
What is the mileage on your EV?
20,000 – 30,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my 2nd
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
Excellent quality, comfort, safety and range at a sensible price.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car?
- Equipment – MG Pilot, Android Auto, panoramic sky roof my top equipment likes
- Comfort – relaxing drive, you don’t arrive tired. It makes driving enjoyable with plenty space for occupants and luggage
- Easy to use – Auto hold and regen braking make it easy to drive but also extremely manoeuvrable and fun.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car?
- No light in rear passenger seat area, tricky to see to unclip child sets etc in winter evenings
- No front parking sensor, a shame with a charge port located at the front which means approaching chargers with care
- No app for remote monitoring of state of charge or preconditioning.
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
What EV are you interested in next and why?
MG Marvel R or MG ZS EV facelift to replace my other older EV. Same quality and toys but with longer range and an app.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
I have a BMW wall box from my original i3 in 2016. It does both our cars and is adequate. A bit bulky but cable is long enough (tethered) and it works easily.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Ecotricity dual fuel EV driver. I work from home a lot (have done since before pandemic!) so we have one rate all day. I’m not worried about the cost, more that I have a guaranteed renewable backed supply. I used to get discount charging on the electric highway but rarely used it.
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
I have tried lots! I strongly recommend Gridserve (Electric Highway and forecourt) & Instavolt for ease of use and accessibility but have used Bp pulse, Shell recharge & Osprey. Genie Point are quite slow (max 20kW on a 50kW rapid) with the MG due to a compatibility issue which I know they are looking into.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
LV – yes very good cover including cables, also offers multi car as we have two EVs.