What first name would you like to appear in the review?
What is the make and model of your EV?
Peugeot e-2008 GT Premium
What year was your EV registered?
How long have you owned your EV?
What is the mileage on your EV?
1,000 – 5,000 miles
How many EVs have you owned?
This is my first
What is the average mileage range you achieve from your EV when fully charged?
Why did you choose this car?
We had a Toyota C-HR Hybrid and have had other hybrids before but now we felt the choice of fully electric was there to allow us to switch.
Positives – List 3 or more reasons why you love this car.
- Acceleration – it still takes me by surprise at times how fast this car is from standing still or from any speed. Brilliant for overtaking.
- Comfort – not sure if it is due to how quiet it is or the driving aids (like adaptive cruise control) but I find I arrive fresh after long journeys, it’s a real pleasure to drive.
- Home charging – much easier than I expected it to be. It is just plug-in and walk away then unplug the following morning and drive off.
Negatives – List 3 or more things that you really don’t like about this car.
- Panoramic roof – I do love the opening panoramic glass roof but I can’t use it with the roof bars on, this doesn’t happen often (and maybe there are bars that would allow the roof to open but not mine) but I would like the option especially in summer when I’m more likely to have roof bars on
- Sat Nav – although better than the one on our old Toyota it’s still lacking. I tend to use Google Maps via Android Auto
- Speech Recognition – not great. Again I use Android Auto to make calls, select music etc…
Surprise us! Tell us something surprising about this car?
The birds-eye view reversing camera option. Not even sure how it works but it is a handy feature.
What car are you interested in next and why?
Probably go for the same again. Even though we have only had this one for less than 6 months. It’s the best car we have ever had. A longer range and more space in the boot would be good but we don’t often need it.
What home charging unit do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
BP Pulse – for day-to-day use, it is perfect for our needs. Very easy to use. But getting it installed was a nightmare. Would avoid BP at all costs in future.
What home electricity supplier & tariff do you use? Would you recommend it to others and why?
Not changed from our previous supplier yet. Waiting to see how much extra electricity we are using before switching.
What public charging networks do you use? Would you recommend them to others and why?
Gridserve on motorways, free Pod Point at Tesco, Osprey and Instavolt. Been let down by many of the others.
Who do you insure your EV with? Would you recommend them to others and why?
All done via Motability.